2012 Stakes and 2020 Perspectives
Eurospace R&T priorities workshop - March 21-22 2012, Belgirate (Italy)
On March 21st-22nd Eurospace organised its 2012 Research and Technology workshop "2012 Stakes and 2020 Perspectives", at the Villa Carlotta Hotel in Begirate, Italy.
The 2-day workshop covered not only Space R&T priorities and policy, but also subjects of key interest for the future of our sector:
Space markets trends and the place of Europe in Space,
Industrial and procurement policies in light of the current developments on these critical issues both at the European Space Agency and at the European Commission.
The event was very well attended with about 150 participants from both industrial and institutional organisations. About 60% were representatives of the European space industry, the remaining 40% were coming from ESA, the European Commission and national agencies. Six round tables with more than 30 speakers provided insights over the place of Europe in space, European Space R&T policy, procurement policies of ESA and the EU and European future technological needs (the Space R&T priorities prepared by Eurospace); generating animated debates, inspiring interesting questions and providing arguments for thoughts and consideration.
Eurospace presented for the first time the 2012 issue of its R&T priorities list, a consolidated set of activities addressing future technology needs for the European space industry. The list served as starting point for the last three technical round tables identifying short track, medium range and long lead priorities respectively. The Space R&T priorities list is available below (Short track, Medium range, Long lead R&T priorities), and will soon be available as a print report distributed to main space stakeholders in Europe. The report will also be publicly available through this site, please check our "Research and Publications" page.
Please follow the links below to download all papers presented by Eurospace at the event: